Friday, January 14, 2022

#tgifc351 Sketch Challenge

Heya crafty friends! I thought I'd join in on this week's TGIF Sketch Challenge. It's a really cute sketch and I had a great time creating a card with it!


There are so many fun and interesting possibilities with this sketch. Since I had been creating with the Symbols of Fortune collection, and still had the products strung all over my workspace, I chose to use them for this card too.  


I used Soft Succulent for the card base (8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"). It's a gorgeous color and it looks gorgeous with the Symbols of Fortune Designer Series Paper (DSP). 

The first layer of the card front is 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" Basic White Cardstock that I've embossed with the Tasteful Textiles Embossing Folder. It's one of my "go-to" textures. I really like it. It's so versatile and looks terrific with all sorts of themes. 

I cut a couple strips of DSP and a strip of Gold Foil to embellish the front. I also die cut the large flower cluster from DSP. I fussy cut the smaller flower, but it's really simple to do.  My DSP strips are 3 3/4" x 3/4" and 2 1/2" x 5/8", and the Gold Foil is 3 3/8" x 1/2". The sentiment is stamped in Evening Evergreen ink onto a piece of Basic White Cardstock that's been die cut with the 2nd skinniest Stitched Rectangles die.

A little Linen Thread behind the small flower, and a few of the soft and beautiful Polished Dots, finish the card off nicely I think. 


I hope you liked my card. It came together so well, thanks to the TGIF Sketch.  If you'd like to see more cards using this sketch, visit the TGIF Challenges blog post here: 
http://tgifchallenges.blogspot.com/2022/01/tgifc351-sketch-challenge.html

If you've got a little time, I recommend using this sketch to create a fun card of your own.  Sketches are a terrific way to get the creative juices flowing!

Join Me & Wendy Lee as we go "OVER THE RAINBOW" in our next Blue Ridge Stampin' Escape! 12 Gorgeous exclusive projects, PLUS amazing Stampin' Up product, AND tons of fun and prizes! Click the image to get all the details and to register for the event! 


Do you just LOVE the new In-Colors and want to have them all?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Jewels FOR FREE!!  To get all the details and to sign up, click the image below. :-) 



To receive the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (Idea Book), click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment