Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Bright and Cheerful "THANKS" card

Hey hey friends! It's time for another Make-It Monday......... On Tuesday. lol.  I'm really excited to share this card with you because it's so unique to anything I normally do. This card has NO stamping on it! 

What?!

That's right! Absolutely NO stamping is involved.  But it's still a beautiful card! 


I absolutely LOVE all the color in this card! I'm a sucker for bright and happy ones. 

For this card, you'll need: 
* 11" x 4 1/4" Magenta Madness Cardstock (scored @ 5 1/2")
* 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" Basic Black Cardstock
* 5 1/4" x 4" Basic White Cardstock (Die cut with the largest Scalloped Contour Die)
* 4 5/8" x 3 3/8" Polka Dot DSP (From the Sunshine & Rainbows FREE Sale-a-Bration DSP)
* 5 1/4" x 4" Basic White Cardstock for the inside panel
* 5 1/4" x 3/4" strip of the Polka Dot DSP
* 6" x 2 3/4" Polka Dot DSP for the envelope flap
* 3 1/2" x 1 1/2" Bermuda Bay Cardstock (for bottom layer of THANKS Die Cut)
* 3 1/2" x 1 1/2" Rainbow Glimmer Paper (for top layer of THANKS Die Cut)


One of the fabulous things about the Amazing Thanks Dies is the two layers for each word.  There are four words included, (THANKS, YOU, ARE, AMAZING) but combined with other sentiment stamps, theycould create unlimited possibilities. 


I chose to put the Scalloped Contours layer on dimensionals to give a bit more depth to the card. I love love LOOOOOOOOOVE layers and dimension on a card!  

Before I attached the Polka Dot DSP to the card front, I tied a length of the glittered organdy ribbon into a knot around it.  It sheds a sparkle here and there, but I still consider it "Dana approved glitter" because it's not terrible. It's not the kind that gets EVERYWHERE and never goes away. lol. 


For the word "THANKS" I cut a piece of Foam Adhesive Sheet to the same size as the Bermuda Bay Cardstock.  I attached them together and then die cut the word. This way, it's already adhesive and has plenty of support in dimension behind those delicate letters.  Speaking of delicate, the Rainbow Glimmer top layer of "THANKS" is pretty delicate in that it can get distorted fairly easily.  I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the whole back and then took my time lining up each of the letters from one side to the other. The glue is pretty forgiving and will stay wet for a few seconds at least. 


Isn't it pretty?  I just love how fantastic it looks! And, I admit, I'm amazed at how "full" it looks even though there is no stamping on it. lol.  I hope you enjoyed today's card as well!  

Remember, you can earn that awesome Designer Series Paper for FREE with a qualifying order during Sale-a-Bration!!

Do you just LOVE the new In-Colors and want to have them all?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Jewels FOR FREE!!  To get all the details and to sign up, click the image below. :-) 



To receive the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (Idea Book), click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment