Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Technique Tuesday Mini Cards Blog Hop


Good morning my crafty friends! Today's post is a bit photo heavy because the theme for this "Technique Tuesday" Blog Hop is Mini Cards.  And I have got a whole little SET of mini cards to share with you!

My cards are featuring the Driving By Stamp Set and the Sunshine and Rainbows Designer Series Paper. I absolutely LOVE the Volkswagens and the bright colors in the paper!

I've created a super cute set of four mini cards that will fit nicely into the "Sweet Little Boxes" from the Spring 2022 Mini Catalog.  The cards measure 2 3/8" x 3 3/8"! 


One of the fun aspects of the Driving By stamp set is that I can color my own dream car. And boy did I have fun coloring! I stamped a bunch of cars using Memento Tuxedo Ink and then went to town with my Stampin' Blends.


I carried some of the bright colors from the DSP over to the color selection with the markers as well.  Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Flirty Flamingo, just to name a few!


Since the stamp set doesn't include dies, each of the cars have to be fussy cut.  No problem! They're pretty easy anyways. 


One thing I like to do, that "finishes" off a cut image, is to use the brush tip of the Dark Basic Black Stampin' Blends Marker and wipe across the outer cut edge. It makes a nice black outline and really hides a plethora of sins in cutting. 


You can see the difference here. 


Ok, card #1: The DSP strip is 3 3/8" x 1/2". Then the VW Bus is colored in Daffodil Delight and popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals. 


Card #2: The DSP strip is 3 3/8" x 3/8". I stamped the sentiment on a 2 1/4" x 1/2" strip of Basic White and popped it up on dimensionals.  Then, added my little red sports card with dimensionals as well. 


Card #3 is a tribute to my friend Linda! She and I both have VW bugs. Hers is a '67 and mine is a '69.  Hers is a bit farther along in the restoration process and is colored like the little toodle bug shown here.  Mine will be colored that way (or similar) very soon I hope. lol. 

The piece of DSP on this one is 2" x 2 1/4" and then the little sentiment strip is 1 3/4" x 1/4".  The bug is colored in Pool Party. 


Card #4 was actually the first one I made. Funny how that works out! ha! The layer of DSP is 2 1/8" x 3 1/8". Then the little blue strip is 1/2" x 3 1/8". I used the smallest Hippo & Friends Die for the sentiment piece and popped up the car on dimensionals in the front. 


Each of the cards have a few little Polished Dots on them to finish them up nicely and to coordinate them more with the front of the card box. 

I thought I had a photo of it by itself, but apparently I don't. Sooooo, Check it out top & center of this photo.  I think it turned out cute! On this one, I stamped the VW Bus directly onto Designer Series Paper. It's ok. It has a neat look to it! 

The Layering Circles are the 4th largest of the straight and the scalloped edge circles. Then, the middle size of the Hippo & Friends die set was used to join the concept and the colorway together. 


Be sure to visit all the blog posts in today's hop to get tons and tons of ideas about creating fun little MINI CARDS! 


Do you just LOVE the new In-Colors and want to have them all?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Jewels FOR FREE!!  To get all the details and to sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (Idea Book), click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

9 comments: