Thursday, November 5, 2020

Geared Up Garage Birthday Card


Good morning friends! This week I'm prepping for OnStage. It's a fantastic event that Stampin' Up puts on twice a year for their demonstrators.  It's full of new product show and tell, projects, make & takes, prizes, fellowship, and lots of fun!  But, in the midst of it all, I've created a quick and simple masculine Birthday card to share with you. :-) 

I'm joining a few of my stampin' friends on this MASCULINE BLOG HOP, to share some terrific project ideas for the fellas in your life.  Sometimes, the guys' cards seem to be the most difficult to come up with.  Which is strange, because they're generally super impressed with any handmade card.  We're just so hard on ourselves, aren't we?   Well, hopefully, today's hop will help alleviate some of the stress of creating for your favorite guy!


My uncle is a HUGE car buff. So when I saw the "Geared Up Garage" stamps & dies, I knew I had to have them.  They have come in quite handy, too!

I've kept my card pretty simple and used the grease stain & nuts stamps to create a fitting background.   And, I always have so much fun coloring that awesome car!  I used Night of Navy Stampin' Blends to color the body, Light Mango Melody for the headlights, and Smoky Slate for the windows and chrome. 

I used White Emboss Powder on Black Cardstock for the "YOU'RE A CLASSIC" sentiment.  Then I fussy cut around it and layered it on the strip of Pacific Point cardstock that has been inked around the edges with Night of Navy Ink.  I put dimensionals between BOTH layers to really make the sentiment POP!

What do I always say about the inside and envelopes? 


"NO NAKED INSIDES, AND NO NAKED ENVELOPES!" hehehe

Dressing up the envelope sets the tone for the recipient.  They're gonna pull the mail out of their box and instead of finding all ads and bills, they'll find a fascinating envelope with their name on it! YAY! What fun!


Be sure to hop around to the other pages to see more ideas for your favorite guy!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

9 comments: