Thursday, November 3, 2022

Fitting Florets Blog Hop


Good morning friends! Today, the Crafty Collaborations Crew has an exciting blog hop to share with you! Stampin' Up just released a gorgeous product collection a couple days ago, and we are here to show you some amazing ways to use it! 


This is a BRAND NEW collection that just released this month! The collection is called Fitting Florets and it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Take a look. It includes one stamp & die bundle, an additional stamp set, a gorgeous package of 12x12" Designer Series Paper, and a package of golden embellishments. 


My card design is actually a layout I found from fellow demonstrator Meg.  I absolutely love all the "layers" and room for embellishments on this layout.  Of course, I only used the basic layout idea. The rest was fun to create on my own with this collection! 

The layout is called a Triple Fold Card.  And, as you'll see, it has plenty of space to create in.  So pretty!

Here is what I'll call the back panel.  I'm going to share this with you from back to front because that's the way I assembled it. And, I'll explain why.  If you look at the photo of my finished card, you'll see that I put details between each layer of the card.  Since I wanted them all to "stack" nicely, I needed to go with the bottom section first. 

So, the foundation of this card is: 

Base: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" Night of Navy Cardstock 
Layer #1: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" Soft Succulent Cardstock
DSP Layer: 11 1/2" x 5" (scored on the LONG SIDE at 1 3/4", 4 3/4", and 7 3/4")

Once I had my foundation made, I went to the back panel and created this. The scalloped layer is Soft Succulent and cut from the 2nd largest Scalloped Contours Die.  The Basic White piece is 2 5/8" x 3 7/8". I stamped three larger flowers in Night of Navy ink directly onto that layer. I stamped a smaller flower in Balmy Blue ink on a scrap and die cut it with the coordinating die. The top corner needed a little something also, so I stamped a couple of little sprigs in Soft Succulent ink. 


Once assembled, the panel looked like this: 


I centered it on the inside of the card base. 


The middle fold uses elements from the coordinated die set as well. I cut two large sprigs from Night of Navy Cardstock, and the large frame from Balmy Blue and Basic White Cardstocks. I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy and then created a border around the white oval using the smaller flower stamped in Balmy Blue ink.  


This is how I assembled it onto the layer. However, I had to assemble it on the middle layer itself and be strategic about where to add glue, because this piece hangs over the layer.  We wouldn't want to glue our card shut, now would we? 


You can see, here, how I placed the sprigs. You have to be conscious about not overlapping the fold, and not extending past the boundaries of the card itself. 


Once it was all assembled, it looked like this: 


The front panel was made with a 2 3/4" x 4" piece of Night of Navy Cardstock and the 3rd largest Scalloped Contours Die. I also cut two large sprigs out of Soft Succulent Cardstock.  Then, I stamped & die cut two smaller Balmy Blue flowers and one larger Night of Navy flower.  I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy ink and like I did the back panel, I stamped a sprig in Soft Succulent in the top corner. 


This assembled panel is situated in the center of the card front, but being careful to only be glued to the front fold. Again, we don't want to glue our card shut. lol. 

I tucked the sprigs between the Navy and White pieces, and popped up the Navy flower overlapping the Balmy Blue ones.  This is the only popped up piece on the card, because it is already pretty bulky. This card would definitely require additional postage. But it's sooooo worth it! Who wouldn't be thrilled to receive such a decadent card? I know I would! 


When the card is expanded out, you can see all the beautiful layers and textures.  GORGEOUS! I truly love it and this may very well be my new FAVORITE fancy fold! Thanks Meg!


Folded shut, you can see that it will fit inside a standard A2 envelope nicely. 


The Framed Florets stamp & die bundle is so beautiful.  This is just one example of what you can do with it. 


I hope you have enjoyed my card! Be sure to follow the hop around to find tons more inspiration for using this incredible new collection!! 
Have you seen the new GORGEOUS 2022-2024 In-Colors?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Matte Dots FOR FREE!!  To sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalog (Idea Book),
click the image here to go to the request form!



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely card Dana, so much detail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fold. It really showcases all the elements of the collection nicely. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is soooo gorgeous and the stunning fun fold is just perfect to show off all this deliciousness!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete