Monday, September 12, 2022

A bit of Thanks!


Gooooooooood mornin' my crafty friends!! How are you this fine Monday? The sun is shining, the air has a hint of crisp autumn, and I am happy! I'm Thankful and Blessed! 

Today, the Crafty Collaborations Crew are bringing you a blog hop that's all about being thankful.  Come along with us and see lots of ways to show gratitude to those around you!


I love a nice clean looking card, don't you?  Today, I'm using products from the Lovely in Linen Collection that can be found on pages 24-25 of the 2022 Annual Catalog. 

Maybe it's because I have my mind laser focused on earning the incentive trip this year..... Maybe it's the Scandinavian in me....... Whatever it is, I am IN LOVE with this collection!  I have always been drawn to all those beautiful Scandinavian prints on paper and fabric and well, everything!  It's so beautiful, it even has it's own name......ROSEMALING. I have a little tin box that has this style of painting on it. It's one of my most favorite things. 

The Lovely In Linen Paper has already done the heavy lifting for us. So we're going to take advantage of that and give it a blank canvas to lay upon.  Traditionally, this type of design would likely fall on a dark background of black or red. Maybe navy or dark green.  But today, I'm going to put it on a crisp and clean Basic White background. I really want my paper patterns to pop!


In the photo, I had cut a few strips of 1/2" and 3/4" Designer Series Paper (DSP) to layer behind my sentiment piece. I ended up settling on just two 3 1/2" x 3/4" strips. 

I stamped THANK YOU in Evening Evergreen and stamped the outline in Sweet Sorbet.  I'm very "THANKFUL" for the adorable coordinating punch too! ;-) See what I did there? hehe. All about the THANKS! 


The Quatrefoil Embossing Folder has become a real staple item in my studio. I love the pattern and it looks gorgeous on both sides! So you can decide if you want a little texture or a lot. It's great! I often use my embossing folders to help give a large plain background some umph. It works like a dream!


Of course, I always say "No naked insides, and no naked envelopes"!  But the stamp set wasn't very helpful for my vision.  The floral cluster is big and the little elements are very small.  So instead, I let the DSP do all the talkin'!!  A 4 1/4" x 3/4" strip near the bottom dresses the inside up wonderfully. And covering the flap of the envelope with the same paper really helps it stand out! I love it!  Don't be afraid to let the paper do the talkin' for ya.  It's gorgeous and deserves to be front and center!


I attached the 4" x 5 1/4"  embossed layer directly to the THICK Basic White card base.  Then added the two strips of DSP on top of that. I attached the sentiment piece with dimensionals to give it just a little pop. And then finished off my card by adding a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels. Talk about another staple item in my studio! I go through a LOT of those babies!


All in all, I'm thrilled with how this beautiful card turned out! I can't wait to send these out with my customer orders this week!


I truly hope you enjoyed today's project! Don't forget to visit the other blogs in the hop and see all the other beautiful THANK YOU projects along the way!


You can click on a person's name or click the "NEXT BLOG" button. Either way! 

The complete supply list for this project can be found below. If you'd like to order anything, I'll be happy to send you one of these cards too! :-D 

Have you seen the new GORGEOUS 2022-2024 In-Colors?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Matte Dots FOR FREE!!  To sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalog (Idea Book),
click the image here to go to the request form!



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Dana and a great way to use those odd strips of dsp we all have x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Love the Quatrefoil embossed background with the DSP. Very clean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Clean & Simple card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete