Saturday, August 5, 2023

Oui Oui Mon Chéri!! Fancy Fold Card


Good morning my crafty friends! Today, we're joining the Ink Stamp Share Blog Hop for a "Whatcha doin" kind of day.  Hop around to each of the participating blogs to see what everyone is up to.  You're going to find all sorts of terrific inspiration here! Come on in!


Oh my!! This card has lots of layers and fun! PLUS, It's a Fancy Fold card! I do LOOOOOOVE a good Fancy Fold. Don't you? 

I used the Les Shoppes product suite for my card. I thought this the perfect marriage of Fancy Fold and products because the fold lends well to look like an actual store front. So neat!  As you can see from the photo here all of our little bits and pieces and layers have coordinating dies! YAYAYA!!!!  That means for all these fun little pieces, we didn't have to do ANY fussy cutting! woot woot!!!  Not that I don't love a little fussy cutting, but let's face it.  It's so satisfying to die cut all these bits. :-D 


I began with a Grey Granite card base: 
* #1: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" (scored on LONG SIDE @ 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 5 1/2")
* #2: 8 1/2" x 4 1/4" (scored on LONG SIDE @ 4 1/4")

This makes the card front (card base #2) a 4 1/4" square.  From there, you can see that I added a 4" square panel of Daffodil Delight Cardstock. And then added a 3 3/4" square panel of Basic White Cardstock. Finally, there's a 3 1/2" square of Les Shoppes Designer Series Paper in front of that.  

The wider background panels (on card base #1) are 5 1/4" x 2 3/4" and 5 1/4" x 1".

On the inside, I've added a 5 1/4" x 2 3/4" Basic White piece for a spot to write a sentiment. And, I attached a little 5 1/4" x 1/2" strip of Daffodil Delight Cardstock to the bottom edge to bring in a pop of that cheerful yellow color. 


All of the fantastic little elements of the card are stamped & cut from the bundle.  All of the stamped pieces were done on Basic White Cardstock, while the other things like the light post, bench, and vines were cut directly from colored cardstock. 

One of the super fun things about the stamp set, is that it affords you the opportunity to choose what kind of shoppe you want this to be. There are a few different stamp options that fill the storefront window. Let your creativity run wild and see what fun things you come up with!


I hope you enjoyed my card! I know it's got lots of details, bits and pieces, but it was soooooooo much fun to create.  

Be sure to follow the hop all the way around so you don't miss any of the beautiful projects we've created for you! ENJOY!!! :-D



There's a BRAND NEW Kit in town! The Festive Tags Kit, from our online exclusives Kits Collection, is here.  It includes all the supplies needed to create 15 beautiful holiday tags to jazz up your gifts! Get it now, and get a jump start on your holiday packaging. 



Speaking of the fabulous Kits Collection........  You can get your hands on a great deal this month! Get up to 30% off all the available kits now through August 31st.



Check out my upcoming classes (and classes TO GO), over on my
Facebook Calendar of Events. Registration details can be found under each class description.  Join us for some crafty fun!



What you see in the catalog isn't all the amazing products Stampin' Up offers! Click the image below to be taken to our Online Exclusive collection.  There's even more fun awaiting you there!



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

7 comments: