Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Paper Pumpkin Possibilities Fun in the Sun


Good evening my crafty friends! Today, we're joining the Paper Pumpkin Possibilities Design Team for our July Paper Pumpkin Alternatives Blog Hop.  Oh boy! Are you in for a treat! Speaking of treats, scroll down to see how I created this adorable treat holder using this month's "FUN IN THE SUN" Paper Pumpkin kit! 


Paper Pumpkin has really outdone themselves this month.  They've given us three absolutely AWESOME fancy fold card designs.  You'll find lots of layers and depth and beautiful scenery in each of them.  You get enough supplies to create NINE of these spectacular cards. WOWZA!


I really struggled with this kit, but not in the way you might think.  I loved the designs so much, I didn't want to take pieces away to make other things. Usually, my creative desire takes charge and I'm thrilled to just make one or two each of the intended projects and then happy to take bits and pieces to create other things.  This one was soooo hard to do that! But, I'm really glad I did! 

Check out this adorable treat holder!  


I used some card elements from the kit, a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of Azure Afternoon Cardstock for the base, a strip of Azure Afternoon for the bag label, a bit of Linen Thread for the tag, a length of that perfectly coordinated Lemon Lime Twist Ribbon, and a spare treat bag I had left over from the Santa Tags Paper Pumpkin Add-On last year. 

Take a look at the photo here.  You'll see the supplies I used.  Notice the card base to the right.  I cut the sand off the bottom.  Just follow the white curved line and you'll get what you need.  You'll have a little bit left over for something else later. Don't throw those scraps away! :-D


The base was made by scoring 1" all the way around the 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of Azure Afternoon Cardstock. Then, make tabs out of the squares in each of the four corners.  Glue the tabs to the inside of the side panels and you've got a nice little box base.  The rest is super simple!

I glued the sunset scene to the inside back of the base (facing forward), and I glued the sailboat panel to the inside front of the base (also facing forward).  I cut a piece of that sand strip the same width as my box and then glued it to the outside front of the base. 


Next, I scored the palm tree panel right where that one leaf comes out. You can see from the photo below. I wanted this piece to wrap around the corner and give some more depth to the box.  You could just cut it off if you want, or just leave it straight.  But, I really liked the way it carried the scene around the side of the box.  

To attach the tree piece to the base, I used Stampin' Dimensionals. Remember, it's all about depth and layers!


I cut a strip of Azure cardstock to approximately the same size as one of the longer labels from the kit.  I dovetailed the one end to make it match up a bit better, and then glued it to the backside of my stamped label.  I glued it because I wanted it to sit exactly like this with just a hint of the blue behind. I didn't want it to get all wonky as it moved. Yes, technical term! LOL. You know what I mean! I've attached the label to the treat bag with Linen Thread. Super cute!!


Around the base of the holder looked a little nekkid (another technical term!), so I tied a length of the Lemon Lime Twist ribbon (from the Ribbon Duo Combo) into a bow around it.  Worked like a champ! I really love the way my treat holder turned out!  Do you like it? 

Paper Pumpkin had some really cute alternative ideas on the back of the instruction sheet, too! Did you catch em?  Just take a look here! So neat! And, I love that shaker card!!


I hope you enjoyed my alternative project today! I really had a lot of fun making it for you!  I'll be posting a few more alternatives this week as well, so be sure to stop back by again for those! And, be on the lookout for any possible refill kits! This one was a REALLY GOOD ONE!!! 


The fun doesn't stop here!  Be sure to follow the hop all the way back around to see all the incredible alternative projects we have in store for you!  


Check out my upcoming classes (and classes TO GO), over on my
Facebook Calendar of Events. Registration details can be found under each class description.  Join us for some crafty fun!


What you see in the catalog isn't all the amazing products Stampin' Up offers! Click the image below to be taken to our Online Exclusive collection.  There's even more fun awaiting you there!



Bonus Days are here!!  For every $50 you spend, you earn a $5 bonus code that you can apply to an order in August! They stack up quick and there's no limit to the amount you can earn!



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

8 comments:

  1. Love the idea of a treat holder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute treat holder. Dana I love the treat box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much cuteness in this kit, thank you for hopping this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love how your treat holder turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is that! I'll definitely be CASE'ing!

    ReplyDelete